Wednesday

My Weekend at Caldwell Farm Fest

**I've been trying to post these since Monday but my internet signal hasn't been stable since I returned. A service guy is here right now, so hopefully we'll get it resolved today.**

I had a fantastic weekend with my family and friends in the Caldwell community on Walker Farm this weekend! You might not be able to find Caldwell on a map, but it is between Durham, Hillsborough and Roxboro in North Carolina, and it's where I grew up! Here are some pics I snapped throughout the festival:

Caldwell Farm Fest 5/8/11
Bond fire is stacked and waiting for nightfall.

Photobucket
Our friends JP and Leon performing. So talented!

Caldwell Farm Fest 5/8/11
The Speckled Bird Farm/Stitch Machine tent. My mom is explaining one of the pretty birdhouses that she grew, dyed and burnished. They were selling like hotcakes for mother's day! It was also fun seeing some of my little pinwheels and bows dancing around the festival throughout the weekend!

Photobucket
It was great sharing a booth with my mom. It's something we've never done before, and we couldn't figure out why not!

Photobucket
I was flying solo Saturday morning, so thankfully my dad stepped in and sold our goods for awhile so I could go hear some music.

Caldwell Farm Fest 5/8/11
Me and mom's rescue dog Kiki.

Caldwell Farm Fest 5/8/11
things the crowd enjoyed: music, dancing, cornhole tournament, frisbee tournament, camping, fishing, shopping, genuine Eastern NC BBQ from Gillis and having a few brews

Photobucket
Late night campers around the fire. It got pretty chilly on Friday night.

Caldwell Farm Fest 5/8/11
Doc Branch Band performing. I even got my brother to dance with me during their set, which is pretty amazing, since he usually won't!

Caldwell Farm Fest
Set-up on Friday was incredibly stormy and rainy, but after it stopped and the sun came out, all of the vendors got to see a beautiful double rainbow.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I just found this! Thank you so much for posting these great pictures and comments. We are gonna miss having the Stitch Machine booth there again in a COUPLE weeks, but I look forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie-

    How was the Fall Caldwell Farm Fest? I hate I couldn't set up this time, but I heard it was fun!

    ReplyDelete