Wednesday

Southern Comforts Antique Fall Festival Recap

Photo from Made By Emily.

Before this weekend I had never been to an antique show, but now I am hooked! There was so much cool old stuff at the Rowan County Fairgrounds this weekend bargain prices. It was the perfect place to find a wooden vanity, a set of old tools, a variety of records, vintage purses...just about anything! I was especially taken by all of the antique kitchenware. I even bought a few pieces to add to my small collection.

It wouldn't be a fall festival without funnel cakes, boiled peanuts, and giant baked potatoes, all of which were bountiful. I had a delicious homemade apple turnover, and some Uncle Scott's All Natural Root Beer which was locally brewed in Mooresville. How wonderful that all of this rural Americana can be found just 45 minutes from my home in urban Charlotte! In addition to all of this, there were a handful of artisans and crafters selling their creations, including myself and other members of Crown Town Handmade. The show was put on by Southern Comforts Antiques.

Photo collage courtesy of Southern Comforts Antiques.

See another festival recap from a lady who specializes in antiques at Junkwild.

No comments:

Post a Comment