Thursday

Cut Your Own Hair

Inspired by an artist I know, Emma Wallace, who cuts her own hair and does a good job of it, I've been trolling YouTube for some good tutorials about cutting hair. I know, I know. This is the one thing that everyone says you shouldn't do yourself. But times is tough! We are all hunkering down and taking extreme measures to be more self-sustaining. Whether it be by planting gardens, canning vegetables, repairing clothing...or cutting our own hair, we do what we have to do.

The majority of what I found on YouTube was just evidence of why you SHOULD NOT do it yourself. But a few of them made me think that maybe I really could do this myself. If you have a steady hand and an eye for detail and design, these videos are for you.

DISCLAIMER
This post is in response to the ongoing recession in my country and around the world. I do have to say that a professional salon cut makes hair look great and makes it a snap to style and take care of. There are a lot of great salons and talented stylists in Charlotte where I live, and I plan to return to them when my purse strings loosen up a bit. I really miss them. But in the meantime, I am enjoying focusing on what I can do myself. (And who knows- maybe I will never go back!?).

I love the DIY spirit and confidence of the ladies in these videos as they are creating their own cuts! Here are the best of the best:


Lisa Freemont Street (I have posted about her YouTube Channel before). If you can't see the video, click here.



A technique for cutting your own natural style from Br0nzeqt. Check out her channel to follow her journey as she goes Back to Natural. If you can't see the video, click here.


sweetcakegirls. If you can't see the video, click here.


Rose Russo. If you can't see the video, click here.


An interesting technique from Racheloll. If you can't see the video, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment