Sunday

One Hectic Week

Last week was all "Art Art Art" for me. It was great but stressful! The first part of the week was spent cutting and painting frames for a few pieces of art that would be displayed on Thursday (I cut all my frames with a hand saw in my apartment).

Once I got the frames ready, it was time for Girls Night Out at Canvas Monkey, where I met a lot of awesome artists and had a great time brainstorming and just shooting the breeze with them. We had delectable treats from Razz-Berry that tasted like dream-sickles with strawberries inside. Yum! I also worked up the nerve to present some of my hair clips to the guys at the gallery/gift shop and they said that they would like to have a batch to put in the store. Thats great news, and I am working on their batch right now.

Then that same night after getting a parking ticket, I hauled a bunch of paintings over to my alma mater, Queens University for their alumni art show "1937-2007." It doesn't go up until mid-April, but it should be good times.

I think it was Georgia O'Keffe that said "You should always have 3 shows worth of paintings framed and ready to go." I am going to try to work hard now to follow that advice so that I can spread the work out more evenly, instead of getting stressed to finish it all in one week like this week.