Friday

My Wedding Invitations!

wedding
I wanted to share the wedding portrait that is included in my wedding invitations. We didn't do a Save The Date, so I wanted to be sure to include a special keepsake print. I'm thrilled with how it came out, after much intense focused watercolor painting. I wanted to create a tribute to my maternal grandfather, who created beautiful stained glass creations for fun after his retirement from an auto plant in Detroit. I also wanted to represent some of our interests.

wedding
This is the invitation vignette I made! The beautiful and simple winery where we are getting married is the inspiration for the color theme, with deep purple and golden grapes growing there now.

wedding
A little mock-up collage I used as a reference while painting our portrait. I have long toes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment