Thursday

Eyebrow Work!

Blinking EyeBrows 7/28/11
I wish I could say that keeping my eyebrows maintained was near the top of my To-Do list. But obviously....

Eyebrows 7/28/11
...it's not even close! I let it get really bad this time! I was blessed with extra dark locks, but that means scraggly eyebrows are more noticeable. (Shut it, blondes!)

Eyebrows 7/28/11
A few weeks ago my tweezers were confiscated by the cats, then left in that moist spot behind the faucet (ew) and now they are lost for good. Yesterday, I bit the bullet and invested in a top-of-the-line pair of Tweezermans ($20). I'd read in Bobbi Brown's makeup book that they're the best, plus they have a good warranty and free sharpening for life. I'm keeping this pair locked away from those grubby little paws.

I plucked away all of the stragglies in between my eyebrows, under the arch and above the outer points of my eyebrows, letting my full, natural eyebrow shape emerge.

Eyebrows 7/28/11
It didn't take much time at all, and the result of this small change is a much cleaner, more feminine look.

Eyebrows Stars 7/28/11
Add a touch of dark brown eye shadow on my brows to fill them in and...looks just dandy to me!

Do you pluck or wax your eyebrows, or do you leave them alone? Do you have any tips or suggestions from your past experiences? Any funny eyebrow stories?

2 comments:

  1. The last time someone waxed them, I ended up with a set of "Joan Crawfords" so I generally just pluck them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee!

    Speaking of Joan Crawford, I thought this starlet eyebrow chart was neat:
    http://teemerz.tumblr.com/post/5234939351/i-have-joan-crawford-eyebrows-no-wire-hangers

    ReplyDelete