Thursday

1 Hour Project

I took a little break from working on hair accessories yesterday to doctor up a thrift store find that had been sitting in my sewing pile for a few weeks. I've always loved houndstooth, so I was thrilled when I found this cropped jacket. I just wasn't in love with the giant heart pockets on the front, and it was missing a button near the collar. The fit was pretty good- The sleaves were just right, but the fit around the waist was a tad too big.

BEFORE:




I used a seam ripper to remove the heart pockets. I dug into my button stash and found some neutral wooden buttons. I wanted the jacket to wrap around and fit a bit closer around the bust and waist, so I placed the buttons accordingly.


Then I created new closures for the two buttons around the waist by crocheting loops out of some black wool yarn I had and sewing those on the right front edge. Nice.






















AFTER
A bit more grown up, but still funky. I love it!

Do you have a fall/winter thrift store find that you're wearing or working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment