Thursday

Collecting Feathers at Speckled Bird Farm

While at my mom's farm yesterday (near Durham, NC) I collected some guinea fowl feathers that I have been using in spring hair clips and headbands. Take a look at the day's fruits:





My mom's guinea fowls roam free around the farm and come and go as they please. Guinea fowls look very odd- they are known for their helmet shaped body, dotted feathers, odd face, and constant "gobble" noise. They shed feathers constantly- so there are dozens all over the grass everyday. They lead a very happy life at Speckled Bird Farm! My mother uses them as the logo for her handmade soap and painted gourd birdhouses that she grows on her farm: www.speckledbirdfarm.com.



Running away from the camera:


See a finished headband with a guinea fowl feather:

No comments:

Post a Comment