Friday

The Indie Craft Experience is almost here!

8 days and counting until the Indie Craft Experience. I’d like to be able to report that I am all packed up and ready to go, but of course that is not the case. My house has turned into a craft factory, with half- finished projects and paintings lying around on every surface. I have been weaving my way over and around each one in attempts to finish them all before the 30th. C’est la vie!

One thing I haven’t had to worry about this time around is my display. This is honestly the first craft show where I feel like I have everything in order with my booth/display- I’m not fretting and wondering if I will have enough height, or if I will be able to carry everything, or if I will get rained out. My last craft show went pretty well as far as display goes, so I am feeling confident about that.

Today I sent out my 500 contributions for swag bags for ICE (The first 500 people to arrive at the craft show will receive one). To go in the bags, I got some swanky double sided business cards printed on recycled paper- one side shows Stitch Machine and the other shows sarahterryart.com, and I sent along a handful of handmade cards and hair clips as well.

On the subject of new printed materials- I designed some simple greeting cards with my art on them- my oven painting. I sent them to the printer last week, so I am hoping they will be on my door-step sometime today. They will be available individually, with white envelopes soon. If all goes well, I hope to have greeting cards with my other paintings too.

I just found out that this year’s Carolina Craft Attack will be on October 10th, 2009 in Charlotte. They are now accepting vendor applications. Visit the website above for details.

On a personal note, I’ve been out of town for the past couple of days at a wedding on an island in Georgia. It rained from the day I arrived to the day I left. The wedding was beautiful, and it was great to see old friends, but so much for that sunny beach vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment