Friday


I finally found my long-lost USB cord for my camera, so here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure. The first is a detail from a wool hat that I made last fall with Noro Yarn.






I used a block pattern from the 200 Crochet Blocks book by Jan Eaton made 4 blocks which I stitched together, then added earflaps from the book Get Your Crochet On!, pom-poms, and closed it up at the top in the round. Fun! Both of the books above give you plenty of room for creativity, although I have found that some of the language in the second book is inconsistent. This makes it tougher, but you can usually get the patterns to work if you try.






The last is a painting that I have been working on for the past couple of days. I still have one more day of work to do on it, but it is pretty much a painting where I vent about the stresses of a workday in technology support. My next oil painting will be 3'x4', probably the biggest piece I have done. I am hoping to have it done in time to enter into the Charlotte Art League's September show in South End, but the deadline is creaping up...